|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Days, Evenings|
Looking for a FT Cook to work day and evening shifts temporarily but could turn into permanent job.
The purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards that govern the facility and as directed by Dietary Department management.
The Cook will treat each resident with kindness, dignity and respect. They will work cooperatively with all departments and multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult or in discomfort. They will relate all pertinent information concerning a resident’s condition to a charge nurse as required. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Dietician to ensure diet is in accordance with the residents’ nutritional needs
- Reviewing menus prior to food preparation
- Handling food in a sanitary manner
- Preparing and serving meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance
- Serving food according to established portion control recommended
- Inspecting special diet trays to confirm the correct diet is served to the resident
- Assuring all meals are served on time; including snacks
- Coordinating food service with other departments
- Being responsible for avoiding food wastes
- Maintaining food service equipment
- Adhering to sanitation and food safety guidelines during meal preparation and clean up
- Keeping work tables clean, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Disposing of food and waste per facility regulations
- Obtaining food supplies for the next meal
- Following safety regulations and precautions at all times
- Adhering to all facility policies and procedures of the facility
- Maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
High school diploma or GED preferred
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum of 1 year experience in food services for nursing facility or hospital
Must be able to cook food in large quantities
Must be knowledgeable of food procedures
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
Work environment may be warm
May encounter frequent interruptions
May be involved with residents, family and government agencies
May be requested to work beyond scheduled working hours at times
Is subject to call‑back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post‑disaster, etc.)
May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift up to 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 15 feet
Ability to read fine print on labels and menus